1) General Overview of the iWitness close-range photogrammetry system using film and digital cameras
2) Day & Night Photography requirements
3) Introduction to the iWitness User Interface tools
4) Working with already acquired images (and understanding EXIF use in iWitness)
5) Manual and Automatic Centroid Marking digital images - used with iWitness' fully automatic camera orientation & bundle adjustment (triangulation) processing
6) Model integrity checking (Quality Assurance checks using the "Edit Review Mode" function)
7) Applying project scale, measuring, model rotation "3-2-1", and Z-axis target offsetting - used with combined total station control point data
8) Working with the 3D Points List and the 3D Graphics Viewer
9) The iWitness model exporting options in report and CAD formats
10) iWitness semi automatic and fully automatic Camera Calibration methods
11) The iWitness requirements for proper field work and imaging
12) Accomplishing field projects from ‘Photos to CAD diagram' using iWitness and The Crash Zone
13) iWitness' Project Network 1D, 2D, 3D 'Stitching' (linking multiple projects using the "Transformation to Control" dialog)
14) Using Polylines (free form and facet form)
15) Review of Photo-realistic Texturing capabilities in iWitness
16) Working with film cameras and ZARAF (introduced in iWitness V1.5)
17) Advanced Tools and Concepts within the iWitness program
18) Workshop Q&A wrap up session
19) Introduction of fully automatic measurement using iWitnessPRO (Upgrade option)
The only prerequisite for the iWitness Basic Training Workshop is, attendees must have a working knowlede of the MS Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 Operating Systems. Experience with CAD diagramming programs or the use of total stations is also helpful, but is not a requirement for the DCS iWitness photogrammetry workshop.
Cost and class size requirements:
The minimum attendance fee is six paid training seats per workshop. The cost for the 3-Day iWitness workshop is $795.00 for each attendee (training seat.) Travel fees for the DCS representative to your facility may also apply - contact us for a quotation.
iWitnessPRO: for customers that purchase iWitnessPRO, the workshop is extended for a total of 4 days.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding the DCS iWitness and iWitnessPRO training workshops.
Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction - ACTAR CEU's
The iWitness workshop qualifies for Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR) - Continuing Education Units (CEU's) - please contact DCS for more information.
Training Certificates provided and Certified Education Units (CEU's)
For Accident Reconstruction Practitioners who are certified with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists (ACTAR), www.actar.org, the DCS - iWitness workshop qualifies for 18 ACTAR CEU's.
The DCS iWitness workshop comes complete with training certificates for those who have successfully demonstrated their proficency in the workshop materials.
DCS Sales Department
DeChant Consulting Services-DCS Inc
PO Box 3261
Bellevue, WA 98009-3261
Phone: (425) 637-1865
Fax: (425) 454-2855
email at: email@example.com
Back to top